A Guide to America for Iraqi Refugees
Refugee Roadmap, a program of IRAP (Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project) which is based at the Urban Justice Center (a non-profit organization in New York), provides assistance to refugees by answering their questions about life in America. Refugees can start by asking a question, in the box above, or by checking the library to see if their question has already been answered. Refugee Roadmap does not provide legal assistance or advice about particular resettlement cases. If you have a question about achieving permission to resettle in the U.S., contact IRAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’m an asylee applying for my Green Card. My family and I receive SNAP and my kids get medicaid. On my application for a Green Card do I need to check that I’m a recipient of public benefits?
- How can I find Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative?
- I’m in the U.S. on a B1 Visa which will expire soon, should I apply to extend my visa in order not to be out of status when I apply for asylum?
- I have a B2 Visa and need to stay longer than I planned, how can I extend my stay in the U.S.?
- After how many years can I become a U.S. citizen if I came to the U.S. with the SIV program?
Latest Comments from Volunteers:
- Question: I have a Green Card, how can I bring my husband to the U.S.?
mary curly says: MY NAME IS MARY CURLY FROM HOUSTON,TEXAS.I NEVER BELIEVED IN LOVE SPELLS OR MAGIC UNTIL I MET THIS SPELL CASTER ONCE WHEN I WENT TO AFRICA IN... Read More »
- Question: I lost my Green Card, can I get it replaced for free?
staelle mayimba says: I lost my green i don’t know how to get it for free i don’t work right now an don’t have money to pay for another on please... Read More »
- Question: How can I contact the International Organization for Migration (IOM) offices in Jordan, Egypt or Iraq?
غصوب جنعير says: نحن اسرة سورية مؤلفة من7 اشخاص ولاجئين في لبنان ونظرا للاوضاع المعيشية الصعبة نرغب بالهجرة Read More »
- March 31, 2014 - Iraq’s Refugees: Reborn In The USA
- March 31, 2014 - Afghans Who Helped the U.S. Fear That Time for Visas Has Run Out