A Guide to America for Iraqi Refugees
Refugee Roadmap, a program of IRAP (Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project) which is based at the Urban Justice Center (a non-profit organization in New York), provides assistance to refugees by answering their questions about life in America. Refugees can start by asking a question, in the box above, or by checking the library to see if their question has already been answered. Refugee Roadmap does not provide legal assistance or advice about particular resettlement cases. If you have a question about achieving permission to resettle in the U.S., contact IRAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live in New York City and have a question about U.S. immigration law which you would like to discuss with a low-fee immigration attorney, please contact email@example.com
- How can I find Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative?
- I’m in the U.S. on a B1 Visa which will expire soon, should I apply to extend my visa in order not to be out of status when I apply for asylum?
- I have a B2 Visa and need to stay longer than I planned, how can I extend my stay in the U.S.?
- After how many years can I become a U.S. citizen if I came to the U.S. with the SIV program?
- Can any refugee apply to be resettled in the U.S.?
Latest Comments from Volunteers:
- Question: I have a Green Card, how can I bring my husband to the U.S.?
Priscilla Elvis says: Thanks to everybody out there i want to use this opportunity to thank dr uduga for the great thing he has done in my life cos if not dr... Read More »
- Question: Is it possible to make IOM travel loan payments online?
tula tamang says: tula pay iom loan onlion now Read More »
- Question: How can Iraqi refugees in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey or elsewhere (who feel they can’t return home and want to resettle in the U.S.) apply for resettlement in the U.S.?
علوشششششه says: آلسلام عليكم آني عرآقيه... Read More »
- August 28, 2013 - Deadly Blasts Stoke Fears of Sectarian Strife in Iraq
- August 28, 2013 - Iraq Attacks Kill At Least 80