A Guide to America for Iraqi Refugees
Refugee Roadmap, a program of IRAP (Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project) which is based at the Urban Justice Center (a non-profit organization in New York), provides assistance to refugees by answering their questions about life in America. Refugees can start by asking a question, in the box above, or by checking the library to see if their question has already been answered. Refugee Roadmap does not provide legal assistance or advice about particular resettlement cases. If you have a question about achieving permission to resettle in the U.S., contact IRAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’m an asylee applying for my Green Card. My family and I receive SNAP and my kids get medicaid. On my application for a Green Card do I need to check that I’m a recipient of public benefits?
- How can I find Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative?
- I’m in the U.S. on a B1 Visa which will expire soon, should I apply to extend my visa in order not to be out of status when I apply for asylum?
- I have a B2 Visa and need to stay longer than I planned, how can I extend my stay in the U.S.?
- After how many years can I become a U.S. citizen if I came to the U.S. with the SIV program?
Latest Comments from Volunteers:
- Question: Is it possible to make IOM travel loan payments online?
Thawng Lian Mung says: How can i pay my IOM travel loan plssss.TQ Read More »
- Question: I’m an asylee without a Green Card, can I use a refugee travel document to apply for a visa to visit a foreign country?
Leyla says: Can i travel to india by travel documents only without green card , and I want to... Read More »
- Question: After the U.S. withdraws from Iraq, will it continue to resettle Iraqi refugees and Iraqis from within Iraq whose lives are in danger?
اثير ايليا عوديش says: الى من يهمه اﻻمر/ اني المواطن العراقي اثير ايليا عوديش من سكنة... Read More »
- March 31, 2014 - Iraq’s Refugees: Reborn In The USA
- March 31, 2014 - Afghans Who Helped the U.S. Fear That Time for Visas Has Run Out